What Does It Mean to Serve God?
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15). What does that mean? As followers of Jesus, we are invited to join God in serving the world around us. Whether it is a simple act of service or a bigger, more involved service project or trip, serving together provides opportunities for everyone involved to experience the joy of making a difference together and sharing the love of Jesus.
We have many ministries and volunteer opportunities at Families of Faith Church and we are always looking for those who are willing to share the talents that God has given them. See some of our ministry opportunities and teams you can volunteer your service in below. If you find any areas interesting, please contact our Church Office and they can help you get plugged in at FOFC. Some positions, such as children’s ministry do require background checks.
Main areas of Ministry:
- Researching better stewardship of the monetary resources God gives to our church
- Developing financial tracking systems to ensure pastoral staff are aware of conditions when various ministry decisions have to be made
- Planning and looking forward to the future needs of our church body and the greater Channahon area
- Educating and mentoring church attendees and membership to help them seek and understand the mind and heart of God as it relates to their personal finances
- Offering education and counseling services via the Good Sense Ministry to assist families in financial trouble or to help with budgeting and planning.
For Spiritual growth, it is imperative that the church meets for Biblical accountability, encouragement, and fellowship. At FOFC, we are intentional about leading people into a small group experience through our Sunday school program. We offer many different classes designed to meet the diverse needs of the individual. From infants to senior adults, we have a class for everyone. Bible study—Sunday at 9:15 am, Wednesday night at 6:30 pm and small groups that meet at other times.
Missions Ministry is not just a part of the church; it is the church. No one is excluded from God’s command to share our faith and everyone is gifted in a way that is meant to build God’s kingdom. We desire to reach our city, our state, our country, and our world with the Truth of God’s Great Love. Our church family not only supports missionaries here and around the world with financial giving, but also by going ourselves to make a difference in the lives of those in need for the glory of Christ.
Divorce Care is a program for the encouragement and healing of those struggling with divorce and its many consequences. It meets as the need arises in a one-on-one or small group setting and seeks to keep those going through this painful time mindful of God’s unconditional love.
The nursery ministry is for our littlest worshipers, ages birth through 3 years. This ministry allows family and friends to attend our corporate worship services with the comfort of knowing their children are being cared for in a safe and loving environment. It is provided during Sunday Bible study and the 10:30 worship Service.
Volunteer and Team Opportunities:
Prayer is the church’s first line of defense and most powerful weapon against the darkness because it is powered by The Spirit of God! The FOFC Prayer team is looking for men and women who have a burden to pray and bring awareness to our church of the extreme importance of heaven-shaking-soul-reviving prayer!
Prayer team members responsibilities:
- Help organize prayer events: participation in prayer walks, and prayer revivals.
- Bathe FOFC events in prayer
- Organize prayer chains
- Plan Bible studies or teaching times about prayer
- Support National Day of Prayer and See You at the Pole
- Plan prayer times for home and international missionaries
The Event Team plans and organizes various special events for the church such as concerts, carnivals, community outreach activities, etc. The team coordinates other teams that need to be involved and manages groups of volunteers. It is a fun way to participate in a wide variety of ministries and explore new, creative ideas!